Wednesday, February 25, 2009

backsplash and trees


















Here's a hot of my kitchen backsplash. I am using Echo Recycled Glass Tile by Crossville in 2"x2" tiles. I designed the mosaic pattern and am setting each tile in one time at a time.


















Close up of the tiles. Tile pattern design is 30% each of Onyx, For Keeps(light almost clear) and Aggie (antique amber green) with 10% of Blue Galaxy.


















Progressing around the U-shape kitchen layout.


















This weekend I planted three trees on my empty lot. The local business Osuna Nursery has an annual Adopt A Tree Sale, where I scored a Honey Locust, Sugar Maple and Burr Oak, all great street shading trees.


















Two trees went in the "Parkway" (strip between sidewalk and street) while the Maple went in the front yard where it can capitalize on my planned rooftop rainwater harvesting system.